Have you ever woken up hungry, wanting toast and eggs, only to discover you don't have bread in the house? Our home is like that pretty much all of the time. When I found this 3 ingredient flatbread recipe, I felt enthused because there is usually flour, yogurt, and baking powder in the kitchen.
Since the base of this flatbread recipe only requires 3 ingredients, I recommend you take it upon yourself to add some magic to your recipe. Go through your pantry and see what kind of magic you can create with a 4th, 5th, or even 6th ingredient! Customizing your flatbread is as easy as adding dried or fresh herbs in the dough, working in some sugar, or even stuffing the balls with something before you roll it flat.
Some Notes on This Flatbread Recipe
Tip #1 Have Your Equipment Ready
You'll need a rolling pin, a sturdy place to roll your dough, a bowl, a frying pan, and measuring cups.
Tip #2 You May Not Need as Much Yogurt
Watch your dough consistency carefully as you slowly add yogurt to your dry ingredients. You may not need as much as the recipe indicates. Make sure you are forming a dough that isn't too tacky or it will be challenging to roll out.
Tip #3 Skip the Fat
Don't feel the need to add butter to cook this flatbread! I know I did, but it is unnecessary unless you want to indulge. You can heat a nonstick skillet and then add the rolled-out dough.
What to Make With This 3 Ingredient Flatbread Recipe
I made an open-faced sandwich by adding eggs, spinach, and hot sauce to the flatbread in my reel above. Other times, I've made this flatbread to eat leftover Indian curries, a wrap with tuna salad, and topped it with peanut butter and honey. This bread has been a versatile food in our household!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Simply rate the recipe by clicking on the ⭐️s on the recipe card above. Have something to say? Please leave me a comment down below telling me what you think of this recipe.
Bonus: Let me and other readers know what you did to make this recipe your own - 💫 let's inspire each other!
Also, follow me on Instagram [@seesfoodwilltravel] and send me a DM with a picture of what you made. I would love to share and celebrate YOUR creation with our budding community 💞
3 Ingredient Flatbread
- Frying Pan
- Rolling Pin
- Measuring Cups/ Spoons
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup thick plain cow's milk yogurt such as Greek and Matsoni (more or less depending on consistency)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt & pepper to taste
Optional (For the green onion flatbread I made)
- 3 tablespoon green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter (for frying)
- Put all purpose flour and baking powder in bowl and mix.
- Add yogurt, a little at a time, to dry ingredients.
- Once you get a slightly sticky dough, roll it into a ball.
- Optional: Add in your fresh or dried herbs to the dough ball here.
- Split the dough ball into portions (2 or 4).
- On a floured surface, flatten each portion into a disk with a rolling pin.
- Heat a skillet and add butter. If you are using a nonstick frying pan, skip the butter.
- Cook one or two at a time (depending on size). When the top begins to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, flip.
- When the other side is golden brown, remove from pan.